Translate

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bonjour!

Welcome to my blog!

 

Here it is - my exchange blog.. only 4 months early! That's right today (April 3rd) marks 4 exciting and nerve wracking months until I and two other lovely ladies hop onto a plane to London - the first destination of my 6 month journey! Woo hoo!

I have specifically created this blog to document my exchange so that all my Australian loved ones can be kept in the loop! Sometimes it's hard to keep everyone up to date via email so I figure a blog is fun for everyone (me included) - my own little hub that will be filled with pictures, stories, dramas, and of coarse what I am eating.

If you don't know what is going on or who I am.. I am Siobhan, a 20 year old Marketing university student from Sydney, Australia. For the past year I have been dreaming (literally) about doing the student exchange in 2014 and after a painfully long process spent filling out forms and anxiously waiting (I wont bore you with anymore details) I got it! 

I was accepted for exchange. 

Where to? Bordeaux, France is where. 

It was actually my 3rd preference, however I now look back and think that I was completely crazy for not putting it number 1. It always amazes me how things often pan out as if they are meant to be! Who would have thought such a beautiful city in the South West of France would be perfectly suited to me. 

During this crazy process of prepping for exchange I have met a new friend, aka 'French Steph' aka someone who I should have met 20 years ago!! Steph emailed me a couple of months ago as she was also selected for Bordeaux - in fact we are the only two lucky gals headed to the winetastic city in France. After conversing over emails we took it to the next level and met in person.. Long story short we got along like a house on fire and we meet for coffee every Tuesday to discuss travel plans, our accommodation, the amazing food and wine to come our way and the overload of photos to be taken.  

Before I wrap this up.. I shall give you a snapshot of my travel plans before French Steph and I will begin our studies in Bordeaux:

Arrive in London -> Paris -> Lauterbrunnen -> Munich -> Venice ->
Rome -> Amalfi Coast -> Rome -> Greek Islands.

These are just rough but they give you an idea!

Anyway I hope you enjoyed my first baby blog post. It was certainly a bit of an overload of excitement but it has given you an accurate insight of how I am feeling! I didn't explain earlier but I decided to jump on the blogging band wagon 4 months early because I thought why not share one of the most important parts - THE PLANNING! So stay tuned for more.. 

I really hope you like it!


My acceptance to Bordeaux!


 .. More of Bordeaux


  The countdown is on to eat macarons at Laduree



 And look how glorious Lauterbrunnen looks!


Siobhan X.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment